|Address:||40 West 55th Street (map)|
New York, NY 10019
|Neighborhood:||Central Midtown, Manhattan|
|Structure:||9 floors, 35 apartment units|
A red brick mid-rise pre-war building. The building was built in 1924 by renowed architect Rosario Candela. For decades it was used mostly as offices until 1997 when Macklowe Properties converted it into rentals. In 2006 Ditmas Management bought it and converted it again - this time into condos. The apartments have high ceilings.